Web and Computer Resources
Best and Most Affordable Antivirus and Malware Programs
If you have a windows machine you should install two things. If you have these two programs you can get rid of your antivirus program(s), keep your computer safe and save money.
Utilities to Make Life Easier
Computer Tips & Tricks
General Web and Computer Tips
How to do a “hard refresh” when viewing a page (instead of loading from cache)?
- On a PC hold CTRL + F5 or CTRL + SHIFT + R
- On a MAC hold SHIFT + Reload Button or CMD + SHIFT + R
How to Zoom in a Web Browser or Adobe Acrobat
- To zoom in, increasing the size, press and hold Ctrl while pressing +.
- To zoom out, decreasing the size, press and hold Ctrl while pressing -.
- To reset size back to normal, press and hold Ctrl while pressing 0.
STOP a Click from Going Through
If you realize as you are clicking on something that you don’t want to do that:
- hold the mouse button down
- move it off of the button or link to an area with no button or link
- let go
Stop Seeing So Many Ads In Your Web Browser
Every web browser is different. Visit this site to learn how (it is safe).
Viewing Huge Pictures in an Email Program
Do you ever get a bunch of images in an email but they are so big you can’t tell what they are AND you don’t want to save them all first to view them? Here is the trick:
- If your window is maximized FIRST use the “multiple windows” icon at the top right of your email window so you can resize the window. If the window is already resizable continue below.
- Click and Drag a corner of the window (hover on corner until you see double arrow icon, the click and hold then drag) so the window so it is narrow but keep it TALL (pretty much the full height of your screen) and let go. Now you should have a narrow email window.
- You should now be able to scroll down and see the pictures which have been automatically resized the fit the narrow width of the window so you can see the whole pictures more easily.
Quickly Remove Formatting from any type of Content
First I recommend that you put NOTEPAD in your start menu or your taskbar (for Mac Users use TextEdit). How to find Notepad (All Programs / Accessories/ Notepad), right click on it and choose “Pin to Start Menu.”
- Copy the content
- Open Notepad
- Paste the content
- If you don’t like anything you see you can do a find and replace
- Copy the content
- Paste it back into the application you are using.